The national average salary for virtual assistants is $15.87 per hour, and salaries
How do you find a virtual assistant job online?
The Internet is a great place to start your search for a virtual assistant job. Indeed lets you search for virtual assistant jobs in any geographic location, even including remote
roles. Simply type your preferred location or “remote” in the “Where” search box and then click “Find jobs” to see your results. You can even set up a job alert by typing your email
address in the box beneath the search bar
I))) THE PROS OF BEING A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
1) I have freedom
I crave freedom. Being a virtual assistant helps curb that craving and makes me an all-around happier person!
• make my own schedule — I can work, take breaks, schedule personal appointments, take a vacation, etc. when I want to
• location freedom — I prefer to work from home on the sofa or in bed, but if I wanted to work at a coffee shop or while traveling I could
• ease into my day – instead of rushing through my shower, breakfast, and commute to work, I can leisurely drink my coffee and not have to worry about being late
• sleep longer if I want to – sometimes I don’t sleep well, so having the freedom to sleep longer is ideal for me!
• work as late as I like – I can start work when I want and work as late as I want
• take it easy when I’m sick – I no longer have to ask if I can call in sick! I have the freedom to take it easy and rest!
2) I work from home
Working from home was a dream of mine for
a very long time. Becoming a VA allowed me
to finally make that happen! I no longer have
to commute to work or sit at my desk wishing
I was at home! It’s perfect for introverts, like
3) I choose who I work with
If you’ve ever worked in customer service,
you’ll understand why it’s a big deal to work
with whoever you want. Some people are just
plain cranky and take it out on everyone they
come across. I don’t miss that at all!
Before I started working with any clients, I got
really clear about who I wanted to work with.
Not only did this help me determine if a
prospective client was a good fit or not
(someone I wanted to work with or not), but it
also gave me an idea where to find my ideal
4) I set my own rates
The days of someone paying me what they
think I’m worth and giving me a raise when
they’re ready, are gone. I now have control
over how much I charge and when I raise my
5) I can wear yoga pants and tees
I love that I can wear whatever I want, which
usually ends of being yoga pants and a tee or
6) The costs of starting a virtual assistant
business were minimal
I just basically needed a laptop (which I
7) I do work I enjoy
I first started out as an OBM (Online Business
Manager), but now I’m a Pinterest manager.
Being a VA means I can create new services
and discontinue others.